Saturday, November 7, 2009

Christmas Wreath Advent Calendar

Hi there!
Here are some piccies I'd like to share with you of the Christmas Wreath Advent Calendar I made for the Xmas Hamper Challenge #3 over at the Challenge Chics site.

It took me awhile, but I really enjoyed making it, and am quite pleased with the overall effect. Here are some close up pics to give you an idea of what's involved...

This pic shows the holly leaves, and how I layered them around the calendar. I included Kaiser rhinestones as the berries around the wreath and used Kaiser Christmas pp to make the LO.

This is one close up angle of the dove in the bottom left corner of the page. I cut around the outline of the dove, then stuck foam dots underneath to make it sit out a bit from the page and appear more 3D-like.


This is the dove from the opposite angle.


I put stickers underneath each window as a surprise when you open the window for each day. This is what is under window 25...


and this is a sneak peek of what's under the smaller windows.


I cut little shapes from the pp to stick on the top of each window, and used various rub-ons to number them.


I also used the cut out shapes and various embellies to decorate the page and finished off with a few doodled stars about the place.


I think the distressed and rolled edges added a nice touch to this LO.



So there you have it... now that I have finished this, I can focus on making more cards etc, to sell at a couple of markets at the end of this month. Hopefully I can sell some Christmas stock at this time of the year!
Some exciting news I received last week was that I won a prize over at the lovely Sharon Dalton's blog just for making a comment on her blog... lucky me - I won some beautiful Christmas pp from Kaiser!! I am so excited - I just adore Kaiser products. Thanks so much Shaz!
I also found out that I won the Spring Cleaning Challenge over at the Scrapncraft With T site with this LO! So exciting! Thanks so much Tan!
Well, that had better do me for now... must go and get stuck into making more Christmas stock to sell. Hope you've all had a great week.
Thanks for looking. Warmest wishes,
Catie xo

2 comments:

  1. Wow that layout is amazing hun.. So much detail. Great work :) xx
    Lys

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this look brilliant Catie,you've put a lot of work into ..Goodluck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete

Site Search