Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Canvas

Hi there!
 
So today, I've been working on something that has been rolling around in my head for a while now, and I've finally finished it off! Such a good feeling when you get an idea out of your head and onto the page, or canvas, or whatever it may be.
 
The lovely Chantalle McDaniel cut out some words for me that mean a lot to me, and I've been wanting to use them on a canvas such as this.  Today, that happened! :)
 
Without further ado, here it is!
 
 
This is a fairly image-heavy post, as I've take lots of close up pics so you can see all the textures in this canvas.  Rather than comment on each photo, I'll write a quick summary now, and then let you enjoy browsing.
I used many different mediums in creating this canvas, including black gesso, gelatos, tissue paper, mod podge, gel medium, Dylusions ink spray, chalkboard mist, embossing powders, stamps, stamping ink, stencils and whipped spackle, and that's just for creating the background.  For the embellishments, I've used Prima flowers, buttons, butterfly and packaging, as well as fussy-cutting from Prima papers, plus plasterer's tape, Imaginarium Designs chipboard, wire, alphabet stickers, and of course, the die cut words "guard you heart", which are taken from one of my favourite bible verses.  So, there you have a quick rundown.  Enjoy browsing the pictures :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you've enjoyed this post.  I certainly had a ball creating this piece!
 
Thanks for looking. Warmest wishes, Catie xo

2 comments:

  1. Wow Catie, this is SO stunning! You have made that die cut completely your own, I would never think to treat and use on canvas, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chantalle :) and thanks so much for cutting them for me - they're just fab! xx

      Delete

Site Search