Thursday, February 18, 2010

Therapy Scrapping

Hello again,
Just wanted to share with you a LO I did last night, for a challenge over at Deb's Creations. The criteria was to scrap using a song that has touched you, including a picture of the singer/band, and the lyrics of the song, as well as different textures (e.g. paint, cardboard, flocked paper, lace, ribbon etc) and any embellishments we liked, but one had to be handmade.
I used the song "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton. This has always been one of my favourite songs, and immediately came to mind when I read about this challenge. I wanted to scrap about our second baby, who we lost at 17 weeks, and this song fit in with what I wanted to do. I never got a photo of this baby, but took photos of the bouquet that my parents sent me at the time, so used those to scrap. I made the journalling the main focus, and it was difficult but therapeutic to do. Scrapping really is wonderful therapy! So, here it is...


I used paint, as well as ribbon, lace and cardboard for different textures. I used lots of little buttons themed for babies, and in many different colours because we didn't know if the baby was a boy or a girl.


I wanted to use butterflies to symbolise the spirit of our baby flying to Heavnen.



I handmade the envelope from cardboard, and the rose from ribbon.




So there you have it. I used Kaisercraft Devonshire Collection papers for this LO - love those papers... they are simply divine!!

Thanks for looking. Warmest wishes, Catie xo

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Breathtakingly beautiful Catie, this is so gorgeous & so heartfelt!!!Hugz to you Hun

    Debxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Catie.......I have tears streaming down my face...what a heart felt LO.

    the journalling is so emotive - and the song so fitting. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. What a stunning emotional layout.

    ReplyDelete

Site Search