Friday, January 22, 2010

Sandie's Sketch - 'Splish, Splash, Splosh'

Hi Everyone!
I have been flat out all week this week, and woke up this morning not knowing what day it is... I was tempted to google it, but finally managed to work it out on my own!!! LOL! Thank goodness it's Friday!!!
So, today I am sharing with you a LO I did yesterday as part of the CC over at Bon's - the sketch was designed by the very talented Sandie. I had a lot of fun with this. I've never used paint on a LO before, so this was something completely new for me, and I think I am now hooked!!


The criteria for this LO was:
1. use at least 3 different colours of paint, and stamp with it using lids or whatever else you had in the house you could be creative with.
2. stitching on the page
3. pins or safety pins on the page
I used some lids, and also got my kids' tuppaware ball shapes and used some of those as well.
I hand stitched on the page... my machine doesn't seem to handle paper and cardstock very well, and I need it to make my bags, so figured I'd better not risk breaking it!
And in the pic below, you can see my pins.

I used some chipboard alphas to trace around and make letters for the title... this was probably the hardest part of the LO because it took to long to do! I then used kindy glitz to outline them.


some paint splodges.... I really loved the paint, can you tell?!

Close up of the stitching...

A closer up pic of the embellies... love that octopus... I cut him out from one of the Kaiser 'Fun Fair' papers... LOVE them!!

and a bit of a closer look at him.
So there you go. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it... I'm not so sure about how the title turned out, but I think the colour of the kindy glitz really adds to the whole bath type theme.
Next, I'll be having a go at Sandie's class.... can't wait!! Enjoy your Friday!
Thanks for looking. Warmest wishes, Catie xo

2 comments:

  1. Love the lettering and am over the moon in love with that octopus. Did you free hand him???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catie...WOW....gorgeous blog!!!! Love the LO from Sandies free class...I love her classes, still want to do her LO!!!
    I love paint, glimmermist, machine stitching, and doodling.
    We don't live that far from each, we should meet up in the future?

    ReplyDelete

Site Search